We have reserved blocks of rooms at two hotels in beautiful downtown Minneapolis. Both are within a couple miles of the reception.
35 S 7th St, Minneapolis, MN 55402
Click HERE or call and ask for the front desk referencing "Hartman - Larson Wedding"
HILTON doubletree SUITES
1101 LaSalle Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55403
Click HERE or call and use code "HLW"
While you're in town, check out our favorite places in Minneapolis!
SEE + DO
- Did someone say deep-fried candy bar?! The Minnesota State Fair is a must-see event for out-of-towners. From dairy princess butter sculptures to seed art, not to mention just about any food you can imagine on a stick.
- Explore world-class contemporary art at the Walker Art Center and Minneapolis Sculpture Garden right downtown. BONUS: the Walker is also hosting artist-designed mini-golf this summer!
- Jump on a NiceRide Bike or rent a kayak and explore the City of Lakes. The Chain of Lakes are conveniently connected by paved walking paths and bike trails. Lots of great dog watching too ;)
- FREE Live music every night (accept Wednesdays) at 7:30pm at the beautiful Lake Harriet Bandshell. This is a great spot for a picnic, too. If you're in town through Monday, don't miss the Minnesota Mandolin Orchestra.
eat + drink
- Bryant-Lake Bowl, locally nicknamed BLB, is a bowling alley, restaurant, bar, and 85-seat theatre in the Uptown neighborhood of Minneapolis. Awesome breakfast burrito!
- Hola Arepa is great anytime of day. This festive Latin eatery started its life as a food truck and now is a hot spot of South Minneapolis. Try the Hola Bloody Mary. Seriously.
- If you are staying in downtown Minneapolis, Aster Cafe is a lovely spot along the Mississippi River. They usually have live music too. Swing Brunch anyone?
- If you're looking for lunch options too, the Lynhall is an all-day market-inspired café serving light fare & cocktails. This place is brand new and oh so delicious!
FOR THE FOODIES:
- Tilia is a great farm-to-table restaurant tucked in the cozy Linden Hills neighborhood.
- Bachelor Farmer celebrates Minnesota's Scandinavian heritage. Make sure you stop by the speakeasy, Marvel Bar, tucked behind BF for avant-garde cocktails, whiskeys & hip, eclectic decor.
- If you're in the mood for Italian, Bar La Grassa is a fantastic Italian eatery in the North Loop neighborhood. Get a bunch of small plates to share (the gnocchi are amazing)!
- The best place in town to load up on all the meats is Butcher and the Boar. Just thinking about this place makes my mouth water!
- Matt's Bar, a Minneapolis classic cash-only beer & burger joint celebrated for its cheese-stuffed patty, the Jucy Lucy.
- Tin Fish (Walleye)
- The Depot (tater tots)
- Psycho Suzi's (cheese curds)
- Quang's (cheap eats)
- So many breweries, so little time. Fulton, Indeed, Bauhaus, Pryes, Surly. Most restaurants have a ton of local beer on tap if you don't make it to a brewery.
- If cocktails are more your thing, Tattersall, Icehouse, Eat Street Social, Parlour